The Albi family has donated a collection of bases and capitals of Roman columns (dated between the first and second centuries) to the Xàbia Soler Blasco Museum. This archaeological material has been preserved by the family for around two centuries. Now, after being cleaned, studied and inventoried,it will become part of municipal resources on display for all to see.
As the local archaeologist, Ximo Bolufer explained, there are three bases and two capitals in tosca stone in Roman / Tuscan style. They are in good condition with limescale indicating that originally they were painted or coated. Everything points to their origin being the site of the Punta del Arenal, which housed an important settlement which was occupied for more than six hundred years.
The councilman of Culture, Quico Moragues, helped the museum staff to collect the material and has thus been able personally to thank the three brothers Albi for the donation. They are descendants of the poet José Albi (1922-2010) and doctor of law and prestigious municipal lawyer Fernando Albi (1886-1969).